You can make donations of to our project in a number of ways:
- Household goods and furniture
- We will be looking for items to furnish a house or apartment soon. But we’re not quite ready to collect them yet. If you can hang on to whatever you have for a few months still, that would be appreciated. Please email us at [email protected] to let us know what things you have that you would like to offer, and we’ll get back to you when we’re closer to being ready to accept them. Note: Unfortunately, we are not able to issue tax receipts for donations of used household goods.
All donations of cash or securities are made through The Church of St. Mary Magdalene (SMM) and are tax deductible. Our group is entirely volunteer and donations all go directly to supporting the families.
Receipts for donations made online are issued by CanadaHelps.org (BN 89656 8417 RR0001) on behalf of SMM; receipts for donations made directly to SMM are issued by the church (BN 13246-3431-RR00001) at the end of the year in which the donation was made.
- To make a one-time donation in your name, click here. Donations made from this link are automatically routed to our refugee project.
- To make a recurring (e.g. monthly) donation, OR to make a donation in honour of, or in memory of someone:
- Click here.
- Click the Donate Now button.
- To set up monthly donations, click Donate Monthly
- To donate in honour of, or in memory of someone, click Donate in honour of:, or Donate in memory of:
- Important: Under “You can select to apply your donation to a specific fund set up by this charity”, select “2. Refugee Support”. Otherwise, your donation will go to the church’s general operating fund.
Donating by cheque
Send your cheque, made out to “The Church of St. Mary Magdalene” to the following address:
The Church of St. Mary Magdalene
477 Manning Avenue,
Attn: Manning-Ulster Refugee Project
Please specify that the funds are to be used for the Manning-Ulster Refugee Project.